Braces are made of different materials such as ceramic and metal that helps in sorting the alignment of the teeth and jaw. Ceramic ones are normally more comfortable as they are light in weight and virtually invisible to the naked eye. Metal braces are heavier; however, it is cheaper than the ceramic ones.
8 things you should know before getting braces
- The treatment takes a lot of time – Normally it takes about 1-1.5 years to get this done but if you don’t wear these aligners for at least 22 hours a day, the time period gets extended to 2-3 years as well.
- Discomfort – It is uncomfortable for the first two weeks; however, once you get the hang of it, you will not feel any discomfort.
- Brush after every meal – The most irritating thing about wearing aligners is that you need to brush after every meal,
- Always get high-quality metal aligners – Getting low-quality metal braces can result in lose metal wires that can cause sores in the mouth.
- Metal ones take less time to get teeth aligned – Pressure applied by metal wires is more than in case of plastic ones, hence metal braces sort the alignment sooner.
- Aligners are fashionable – You can get you aligner customized to your desired color and because of the fact that Invisalign needs to be replaced every two weeks, you can have a different color every time you get a new one.
- Always consult a professional before getting braces – Without getting advice from a specialist there is no point in getting aligners because then we won’t be able to follow the rules which mean that the appliance will have no effect.
- Get checked for an existing infection before wearing aligners – In no circumstances, you should be allowed to wear aligners if you have an existing infection. This will allow it to grow more, especially if the aligner, as well as the mouth, is not kept in hygienic conditions.
Boost your confidence by an overall makeover of your smile
Not many people are born with naturally straight teeth. Crooked teeth are a common problem faced by almost everyone. Almost 75% of the population of the world has problems such as protruding teeth and gaps between teeth.
People don’t get proper sleep due to protruding teeth which leads to improper functioning of the heart and hence cardiac arrest. This does not happen with many but people do face such circumstances which is why it is better to get your oral defects sorted so that there is no chance for a defect to cause anything serious to you.